Thursday, October 15, 2009

GO BF GO

My Best Friend just ran The Portland Marathon...that's right!

Getting ready to line up at the starting line!

Um, well it was quite difficult to get a good picture while she was running!

So I took a video instead!

She did it!

Was the shirt worth all 26.2 miles?

The sign I made the night before and carried all day long...screaming GO BF GO!



I am so incredibly proud of Cambria..she did it..she ran 26.2 miles in downtown Portland. She achieved this huge goal that she has been working towards for almost a year! She trained hard, stayed incredibly focused...and she did it! Tears came streaming down my face every time I spotted her on the course...I would cheer as loud as I could "GO BF GO" and waved my obnoxiously large sign in the air! Then hopped in my car and thanks to my navigation device (the lady) I was able to see her at a few of the viewing points and then wait for her at the finish line. When I saw her coming up that last block, with a huge smile on her face, I was overwhelmed with how proud I was of her! Watch the video...it was a great moment!
Best Friend you were an inspiration to all of us watching and cheering you! I am so glad I could be there! You did it and you did a great job at that! Love you BF!

No comments: