Wednesday, May 23, 2012

our baby is one.

Pastor Larry helped us dedicate Ryder with our family and friends there to share the special moment with us.

It's a Cat in the Hat party!!!

Little Ones to Him Belong.
These were the favors for the adults.


Green Eggs & Ham of course!

Ryder waiting for the big moment....




One word...HILARIOUS.

Ryder's Birthday gift from Backa & Papa!!!
We spent Ryder's actual Birthday with Gram & Grandpa in Vancouver!

Ryder's first visit to the Portland Children's Museum...he loved it!

Ryder's first car...from Unky Bryan & Auntie CC
Well it's happened.  My baby boy has turned one!  Ryder is such a joy.  I mean really...SUCH a joy.  I was so emotional the night before Ryder turned one, I just held him tight and soaked it in.  He still smelled like a sweet baby.  He still wanted to cuddle and drink his Baba.  He still needed his Mommy to put him to bed.  I wanted to remember that moment because I know it won't be this way much longer. 

Last cuddle before turning one...

Of course I had to throw my big man a party to celebrate the big ONE!  We decided to have Pastor Larry who married us and dedicated Taylor, come to the party and help us with a dedicaiton ceremony in front of our family and friends.  It was so special to share with both sets of Grandparents, my 91 year old Grandparents, siblings, cousins and friends.  After the dedication we had a wonderful Cat in the Hat party!  Ryder put on quite the show with eating his cake...I mean really.  He was HILARIOUS!  Apparently when your child doesn't get any sweets until they turn one...this is what you can expect!
I remember hearing people say "they grow up so fast" but it doesn't mean anything until it happens to your own babies.   Then you just want to scream...somebody make it slow down!  I am so thrilled that we have a happy and healthy one year old.  This past year was amazing and I am so proud of our Big Man!  Love you Ryder Daniel Dearinger!!!

1 comment:

Nesting with Grace said...

Agh...so sweet that last little snuggle! Makes me tear up!
He is seriously so cute!